I remember sitting in my cubicle, with cloth walls surrounding me – or should I say caving in on me – with the sterile glow of a fluorescent light above my head.
I had to stand up and look 50 yards in either direction just to catch a glimpse of sunlight.
I still remember the best few minutes of my day were when I got to walk underneath a huge tree that stood just outside the building near the entrance of my corporate day job.
To do this day, I don’t really understand why that tree inspired me to believe that I could start a business, but it did.
I would walk under that tree and just dream of the freedom to be able to run my own business, while exercising creativity and not be stifled by the corporate machine.
As odd as it sounds, if that tree wasn’t there during those tough times when I was mustering all the energy just to believe that it was possible, I don’t think I would be where I am today.
Occasionally I drive by almost as if to say “thank you” to the tree that helped set me free.
I know this all sounds pretty dramatic, but it was real for me.
And as a result I know how important it is to have something to hang on to for inspiration.
So today I want to share with you a video interview with a friend of mine who had a similar journey to mine. He is a very talented entrepreneur and is just an all-around great guy.
- How to get past the fear of failure to actually do what you’ve been dreaming of
- How to avoid waiting too long to get started by a perfectionist mentality
- How to decide what type of business you want to do
- Lessons learned about how to finally get a business started
- How to manage your time when you are working 40+ hours and then trying to start a business
- What you should do to get your business growing, rather than waiting for customers to come
- Books, tools, and resources that helped us on our journey
Watch the video
Some links mentioned
- Easy Course Creation
Have you started a business or are you wanting to? Let us know below.